Monday 3 November 2014

RIP Green and Pleasant Land - 3rd November 2014


.......in Englands green and pleasant land.......?
Diggers move in on Ridgeway Farm, Ashlawn Road, Rugby to change green and pleasant pasture into concrete and brick.85 houses planned! RIP our green and pleasant land.

Apologies to William Blake (and the Women's Institute)!
And did those feet in modern time
Walk upon England's mountains of litter:
And was the holy Lamb of Development,
On England's unpleasant developments seen!

And did the Counsellors Intervene?,
Shine forth upon our crowded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Developments?
Bring me my Spade of burning gold;
Bring me my Drills of desire:
Bring me my bulldozer: O clouds of smoke unfold!
Bring me my Digger of fire!
I will not cease from Mental Fright,
Nor shall my bulldozer sleep in my hand:
Till we have built on every pasture ,
In England's built on & unpleasant Land.








No comments:

Post a Comment